We’re hiring a Technical Project Manager in our Avellino office
Roll Studio is looking for an inspiring Project Manager to join their Italian team (Avellino).
Roll Studio is a renowned design and production company based in London and Avellino. We are inspired by opportunities to create, promote and share culture. We specialise in defining brands and bringing disruptive experiences to market in a fast paced world. The projects we seek out celebrate culture, disrupt the status quo and create unique experiences for audiences.
Roll Studio is always on the look-out for those who can demonstrate outstanding talents and achievements, as well as relevant experience and interests.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager, with strong experience delivering digital projects to highest best practice standards, to join our friendly and talented team on a permanent basis. You should be passionate about technology - web, apps, AR/VR experiences - and be hungry to manage and produce a variety of projects for new clients & regular accounts. You'll be working closely with our clients as well as coordinating with our creative and technical teams as the primary point of contact to successfully deliver projects in line with agreed scope, timelines and budgets. You'll have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, and you'll be able to anticipate challenges and risks to ensure the smooth running of projects.
The principal role of a technical project manager is to develop and maintain a technology project plan, which outlines a project's tasks, milestone dates, status, and allocation of resources to stakeholders and other interested parties. The technical project manager is responsible for clearly defining and quantifying each step, as well as establishing concrete deadlines for each project milestone and deliverable. To this end, they have must have a demonstrated ability to anticipate problems and to find resolutions before that problem can derail a major milestone or deliverable. Since the typical project has a long life cycle, the technical project manager handles all of the complex aspects of the project; these aspects may be subject to constant change to accommodate market and economic conditions that directly affect implementation costs, market viability, and the organization’s potential profit or loss on the project.
The technical project manager should have at least a bachelor's degree in management information systems (MIS), computer science, or a related engineering field. In addition, they will have one or more certifications from PMI (the Project Management Institute) that demonstrate understanding of the fundamentals of project management, knowledge of the terminology, and processes of effective project management. The technical project manager should have superior communications skills, since they mediate disputes, as well as resolve scheduling and asset utilization conflicts.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Scoping, quoting & planning upcoming projects
- Developing and maintaining a technology project plan
- Defining and quantifying project steps, outlining project tasks, milestone dates, status, allocation of resources to stakeholders and other interested parties
- Establishing concrete deadlines for each project milestone and deliverable
- Handling all of the complex aspects of the project, that may be subject to constant change to accommodate market and economic conditions that directly affect implementation costs, market viability, and the organization’s potential profit or loss on the project.
- Ensuring project objectives are met, whilst controlling scope, budget and timelines
- Briefing the development team and monitoring progress on web & app builds.
- Collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team comprising UX/UI Design, Front and Back End Development, both local and remote, as well as QA.
- Tracking projects and assessing risk and impact from implemented changes and appropriately manage escalation of issues to the correct stakeholders.
- Proactive management of internal cross-project tracking systems to ensure they are kept up to date and accurate at all times.
- Drive and facilitate agile design and development processes.
- Onboard new hires, freelancers, and interns.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to anticipate problems and to find resolutions before that problem can derail a major milestone or deliverable
- Experience managing digital projects from beginning until delivery.
- Outstanding attention to detail, method and excellent time management skills.
- Confidence to brief development teams and convey requirements in a precise manner.
- A strong understanding of development, particularly HTML/CSS, Js, React, and CMS frameworks like Wordpress, Django.
- Ability to give input into the technical planning of the project and then to schedule, allocate resources and brief relevant design and development teams.
- Experience managing web projects that include a CMS.
- Experience in working with numerous stakeholders, and resolving conflicting interests when necessary, while maintaining the integrity of the project.
- Enthusiasm for the potential application of new technologies.
- Experience with AR/VR is a plus.
- Experience in producing project documentation.
- Experience in web testing using actual devices, virtual machines or emulators.
Candidates are expected to have a working knowledge of Basecamp, Slack, project management software like Coda or Asana, as well as Google Suite, iWork, MS Office, and QA testing tools such as Browserstack. Literal knowledge of Sketch and the Adobe Creative Cloud is desirable but not compulsory.
- flexible working (including opportunities to work from home)
- paid sickness
- compassionate and emergency leave
- office closure for all major public holidays
- friday pizza, abundance of coffee provision
Salary dependent on experience.
How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject ‘Technical Project Manager Italy’.